As the snow begins to melt from the ground and green shoots start to emerge from the soil as promises of the blooms to come, it’s time to take stock of your spiritual house. You may already have plans to spring clean your home—perhaps dusting the hard-to-reach places and cleaning behind the refrigerator—but what about the clutter and grime that has settled into your energy field and chakras?
Balance, Rebirth, and Rejuvenation
March 20th marked the vernal equinox and official first day of spring, and the weeks before and after this significant date are a time of balance, rebirth, and rejuvenation. The equinox is when day and night are approximately the same length, in perfect balance and harmony with each other, which means anything you do right now to seek balance in your life will be enhanced by this energy. Working in alignment with nature’s vibrations boosts your spiritual efforts, and this time of reawakening is ripe for clearing and balancing your chakras and energy field. Harness this power of renewal to purge the unnecessary from your energetic closets and vacuum up any emotional residue. It’s time to spring clean your soul!
Unclog Your Pipes with Energy Healing
Your chakras are the invisible but vital energy centers that are designed to move energy between your personal field and the universal field, and, when spinning correctly and unencumbered, these chakras are the means by which you replenish your energy and restore your health. From energy healing you’ve learned that your body is made from your energetic field, which means that what goes on in your field directly affects your body. So when your chakras are blocked, your energy flow is also blocked, and that clog will eventually cause physical symptoms that can be anything from headaches to cancer.
Think of it like this: your energy flows like water through pipes. If you have a clog somewhere in the system, all that water backs up and eventually springs a leak, damaging the pipes and the wall around it. Just like that water, your energy has to go somewhere, and keeping your chakras clear and your energy flowing is the best way to keep your body from experiencing injury or illness as a result of clogged pipes.
It’s Never Too Late To Clear Out Old Traumas With Energy Healing
So how can you keep you chakras clear? Well, clogs and blockages in your chakras are caused by traumas that aren’t fully released, emotional build-up that can be recent or twenty years old. And just as it’s never too late to tackle the places in your house like the chimney or under the couch cushions that can go years without a thorough clean-up, it’s never too late to clear out old traumas with energy healing. Every bit of work you do toward improving the flow of energy in your field and body is going to make you feel better.
There are activities that will do a general job of clearing negativity from your field, like meditation, but there are also targeted methods for balancing each of your seven main chakras. To find out which of your chakras is dysfunctional, you can work with a spiritual teacher or energy healer, or have a friend check your chakras with a pendulum.
Try These 7 Techniques For Balancing And Recharging Your Chakras:
1. Your first chakra is all about grounding, so take a barefoot walk in the grass or on a beach to reconnect to Mother Earth.
2. Your second chakra governs how you experience pleasure, and a common issue for this chakra is shame. Water is cleansing and healing for this chakra, so immerse yourself in water for twenty minutes—in the ocean or a clearing bath with sea salt and baking soda.
3. The third chakra is where your will and self-esteem resides, and physical movement, especially outside in the early morning sun or in the evening before sunset, really recharges this chakra.
4. Your fourth chakra is the heart chakra, and when it’s open, you can give and receive love easily and in a healthy way. Practicing love with a pet who loves unconditionally is a great way to heal your heart and become open to trusting love again.
5. The fifth chakra is about speaking your truth, choosing to express the real you. Journaling with total honesty can clear and charge this chakra—and help process old traumas. Journaling is a major part of energy medicine and is incredibly freeing!
6. Your sixth chakra, the “third eye,” is where your higher intellect and clarity of vision reside. Daily meditation—another essential part of energy healing—helps to awaken this chakra so you can increase your intuition and inner wisdom.
7. An open seventh chakra can be attained through meditation and prayer since the crown chakra is what connects you to spirit. Here you can ask your higher self for guidance.
Together, your chakras govern all areas of your life: relationships, weight loss, stress, career, self-esteem, love, spiritual progress, and everything else. When they are in balance, you are in balance, and your whole being is lighter, freer, healthier, and happier. So take advantage of the days getting longer and the blossoming of nature this spring, and rejuvenate your soul with the clearing, charging, and balancing of your chakras. If you love all things chakra, check out my free chakra wisdom video training series.
Deborah King is a New York Times best-selling author, health & wellness expert, and spiritual teacher. Her energy healing and life coaching courses both teach and transform.